Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Online
This course outlines the proficiencies and understanding needed to execute cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in accordance with the directives established by the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC).
Intended for individuals who might find themselves in situations requiring CPR application, this unit caters to a diverse range of contexts, including both community and occupational scenarios.
How It Works
Our online First Aid courses are conducted via Zoom and facilitated by accredited Trainers.
Throughout the class, you will be actively encouraged to listen, participate, and demonstrate your practical skills on camera using the provided equipment under the guidance of the Trainer.
- Recognise and assess an emergency situation.
- Ensure safety for self, bystanders and casualty.
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- Seek assistance from emergency services.
- Perform CPR in accordance with the ARC guidelines.
- Display respectful behaviour towards casualty.
- Operate an automated external defibrillator (AED) according to manufacturers’ instructions.
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency services.
- Report details of incident in line with appropriate workplace or site procedures.
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of information in line with statutory or organisational policies.
- Recognise the possible psychological impacts on self and other rescuers and seek help when required.
- Contribute to a review of the first aid response as required.
There are no prerequisites to enrol, however prior to attending class, students must complete the online Registration and Pre-Learning Assessment via Rich River First Aid learning portal: https://elearner.net.au/richriver
Manikin Pack Includes:
HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
5According to the Safe Work Australia Model Code of Practice for First Aid in the Workplace, it is recommended that you undertake Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training every 12 months and First Aid training every three years.
At RRFA, we have a unique training approach known as ‘Continuous Learning.’ This entails completing the recommended CPR refresher course annually, along with one section of the first aid course. This ensures that your skills remain up-to-date consistently. As a result, the need to repeat the entire course is eliminated, resulting in both time and cost savings.
Online pre-learning assessment and online practical session OR
Online pre-learning assessment and face-to-face practical session.
The successful achievement of this statement of attainment will be evaluated through various assessment methods, such as a questionnaire and the observation of simulated and practical activities.
To demonstrate CPR proficiency, you will be required to perform CPR on a manikin placed on the floor. Please contact our office at least 48 hours before the scheduled session to inform us of any specific requirements or accommodations.