PUAFER005 Emergency Training
$850 - up to 10 participants
This course provides participants with the knowledge and skills to effectively fulfil their duties as a Warden in the event of an emergency. The course covers the obligations and requirements of a Warden across a range of emergencies, and how they integrate into the Emergency Control Organisation structure.
This unit places responsibility on individual employees who are delegated responsibility as part of an emergency control organisation to participate in the preparation of workplace emergency procedures; alert and report potential workplace emergencies; evaluate the need to evacuate a work area; prepare for an evacuation; and assist people who may require assistance in accordance with workplace emergency procedures.
This course is suitable for companies and organisations that require selected members of staff to be trained in the skills and knowledge required to work within the command, control and coordination structure of an Emergency Control Organisation (ECO). An ECO’s priority is the safety of facility occupants and visitors during an emergency. Participants will learn how to undertake pre-emergency planning, respond to an emergency such as a fire, gas leak fire or other incident, raise the alarm, evacuate building occupants, identify themselves as fire wardens and how to assist with post-emergency activities.
This course covers the following:
- Identifying and responding to emergency signals and warnings
- Fire, bomb threat, and other emergencies and their effects on the workplace
- Human behaviour in fires and emergency events
- Initiating and controlling the initial emergency response
- Evacuation and assembly principles and procedures
- Workplace fire boards and fire equipment location(s)
- Making arrangements for people requiring assistance
- Fire warden identification techniques
- Accounting for all building occupants
- Evacuation reporting
- Assessing the incident response and applying learnings to improve workplace emergency procedures
On successful completion of this course, you will be issued a statement of attainment in PUAFER005 Operate as part of an Emergency Control Organisation.
Face-to-face practical session
A successful outcome for this statement of attainment will be determined by a range of different assessment methods including a questionnaire, observation of simulated and practical activities etc.
For all three courses (PUAFER005, PUAFER006 & PUAFER008) please contact email@example.com for pricing.